Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ice has my fiance on hold in jail how long is the process until we know an answer?

so my fiance was arrest thursday at 11:30pm. the police officer who arrlsted him told us he stopped us because one of his tail lights were off.my fiance was very calm and all with the officer.then he asked for his georgia license and he only had a mexican license and a visa (he overstayed) and he also asked for my id. i gave him my permit and all.so he arrested him and asked me to call my parents to pick me up. they did and he explained how we were able to bail him out that same night. we went and tried but unfortuantley once my dad and i got there they told us that ice had called and told them he was on hold so we couldnt bail him out. so we contacted a lawyer the next day and he called and all and they said to pay the bail so we did that same day.then yesterrday the lawyer told us that if immigration doesnt come to the jail by today then my fiance can get out by tomorrow.unfortuantley my fiance called me today and he only had 20 seconds to talk and he ibformed me that he has been moved to another jail and to call is lawyer. we didand the lawyer told us that this is a process that he will jalve to go throught and maybe tomorrow they will move him again. does anyone kbow about how long this process is? it has been such a frustrating weekand i havent even seen him since the day he got arrested.

No comments:

Post a Comment